Friday, May 11, 2012

Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis

I found this post...it was saved but never posted
Isn't it crazy how this weather is? The kids have been wanting to wear shorts again, but this past week has been cold. So Friday morning I dress them in pants, again, only to find out that it turned out to be a beautiful, warm, sunny, shorts kinda day! Saturday we were heading to Ocean City to walk in the Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis, (we walk for my 4 year nephew, Chris), and seeing how it was so nice out Friday, we all dressed in shorts and I grabbed the suncreen. Greg did mention to grab long pants for the lil guys and everyone's sweatshirts! Thank Goodness, because it was FREEZING down there! I quickly put the lil boys pants on and we all put on our sweatshirts and braved the winds and spitting rain! The kids love walking for Chris, but they also know that they get wristbands that day for the rides, so they couldn't wait for the rides! I, however, was so cold, all I wanted to do was go home! But we stuck it out and waited for the rides to open. I was glad we did, because it wasn't that cold where the rides were. The kids had a blast! Nathan tired out quickly, but we took the stroller, so he chilled in there. While we were waiting for the rides to open, we took the kids into the new YOGO Factory. It's self serve frozen yogurt with all the fixin's! The kids thought that was pretty cool...well, so did I! Because it's a new business and they are promoting it, with every cup of yogurt you buy, you got a free t-shirt, so each of the kids picked out a free orange or lime green YOGO t-shirt! There's a YOGO factory going up in Millville near the Target, in the same set of shops where the Moe's is! I've been excitedly waiting for it to open so I could take the kids there to try it, so I was super excited when the one on the boardwalk was open!

No comments:

Post a Comment