Friday, June 15, 2012

ToyRoom Makeover

Ahh, a week without kids! What am I gonna do with myself? Well, I didn't go spend quiet days alone at the beach like I wanted to! Instead I took the opportunity to clean, organize, and rearrange the kids toyroom! I started cleaning up on Sunday night. Figured I would get a jump start on it.
The kids had put their toys away before they left, so the floor does not look like it normally does! :)

This big old entertainment center is an eyesore in the room.

So I started with the couch and toy bins. I moved them and vacuumed and found many hidden treasures!


We decided to try the couch on the opposite wall (it's been there before, but I don't really like it there) and we thought we'll go to IKEA and buy another one of these shelves. We'll put them together, clear off the top and put the TV on top. This was it for Sunday, we were done. My goal was to finish in the morning and when Greg came home we would run to IKEA!



Monday after moving and vacuuming as much as I could, I decided to start sorting the books :/
By Tuesday, the books were no longer being sorted, just placed neatly on the shelves :)

We went to IKEA and decided on a longer low shelf instead. We wanted to put it under the window for all the Imaginext toys to sit on. We also decided to switch the bin shelf to the other open doorway (it's our dog gate) and move the shelf that was there. In the end I am happy with the way the room turned out. I still am not a fan of the couch by the doorway, but for now, I can live with it!

You can find the black bins here and here are the shelves
We have the low, long shelf, the square shelf with four openings, and the larger one with eight openings.


I love IKEA! These shelves are perfect! Pretty soon (when there is money in the budget again) we will be replacing the old bookshelves with some new ones. Probably from IKEA :)
The boys will be excited to see their "new" toyroom when they come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment