Sunday, June 10, 2012

Emd of the School Year


This was the last week of school for the boys! We made a thank you gift for each of the teachers and we put together a small gift for the bus driver and Nathan's aide. I found the gift ideas on Pinterest! Did I mention how much I love that site? lol! Anyway, for the teacher's we made a Crayon Monogram and framed it. The idea came from http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2011/03/make-broken-crayon-monogram-wall-art/. I had to go to Michael's for the shadow box frames, thankfully there was a pack of three on sale for like $10 or so and then I had a 25% off coupon, and I already had the crayons because I stock up on crayons when they go on sale! I wasn't crazy about the way Lincoln's teacher's came out. But she seemed to love it!
The one for Nathan's teacher turned out better, but F was easier to fill! Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of it after it went in the frame!


I also did not take pictures of the other two gifts :( I was really bad with that this time around. But, I will tell you what we did and give you the link where I found the ideas. For Nathan's aide he picked out a large travel coffee cup (because she always has coffee), a pink & white striped beach towel, and I bought an All You magagine (front cover said something like 'Enjoy Your Summer' so it was perfect!) Then I laid the coffee cup on top of the magazine and the folded towel and wrapped it up with a pretty piece of ribbon. The bus drivers gift was the same, except she got a different type of towel and her cup was one with a straw. I found the idea here http://heidiswapp.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/05/dream_dinners.html and here http://www.therachelberryblog.com/search/label/Teacher%20Gifts. I also printed out a picture of the boys and a note from each of them for each of the gift recipients.

Friday was the last day of school! They were super excited to start their summer! Right after I picked up the two lil ones we headed up to the clinic so they could take part in the CHOP Alex's Lemonade Stand. I forgot my camera :( but they had a blast helping out. Lincoln enjoyed standing by the road with a sign and flagging people down, while Nathan really liked being able to hand people their cups of lemonade! They both were able to put their handprint on the lemonade stand and sign their name!

Then on Saturday, we went to Alex's Lemonade Stand right in town, which was hosted by a lil boy from the kid's school and his family! They had a wonderful turn out. There was an Ambassador Family there who spoke and they honored 2 of our Hometown Heroes, Nathan and a lil girl from Lincoln's class, Gia! What a special day! So many friends and family came to show support, it brings me tears! I am so thankful for to have such wonderful, loving, supportive friends and family!!!! I did take pictures. As soon as I take them off the camera, I will post them. I should find some time this week as I am childless for the next several days! The lil boys left early this morning with my mom, Ohio bound to visit my family out there! Then Tyler left this afternoon with Greg's parents for Florida. He will be back on Thursday, enough time to wash and repack so we can join the rest of the family in Ohio! While the boys are gone, I will be busy cleaning out the toy room and rearranging in there! (Maybe I will take some before and after shots)

No comments:

Post a Comment