Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Fun!

So Tyler came back from teen camp Saturday, August 4th and the next day after church the boys and I went to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days! We loved the movie, but we love all the Wimpy Kid books and movies! Then on Wednesday we went to Hershey Park. We went to Hershey World first and did the chocolate factory tour.

After the tour, we grabbed some milkshakes then went into the park for the 3 hour preview! We stopped in the front of the park to check which candy bar they were so we would know which rides they could ride. WELL, we had a couple unhappy kids! lol

He did not want to be a Reese's, he really wanted to be a Hershey bar

And he wanted to be a Reese's because he likes them!

He thought I was being ridiculous making him stand near the tallest candy because he is taller than it! But I told him I didn't care! LOL

Ah, fun times! So anyway, we get into the park and of course the first thing we MUST do is grab a map and stop to look at it!



Of course, it doesn't really matter what the map says, we ended up stopping at the very first ride and then just going from there. But, it's always good to refer back to the map! :)
We did get to see the Reese's guy AND the HErshey's guy, so both lil boys were happy!

We had a great time. We stayed at a Country Inn and Suites, which was very nice, but we really weren't there long enough to enjoy the place. Thursday morning we had breakfast there, then went back to Hershey for the day. (There are pictures on my FB page)

Friday we spent the day washing and packing clothes for Tyler and Nathan to go to camp, and preparing for the giant waterslide party we were hosting on Saturday, while Lincoln went to his first sleep over at a friend's house! He had a so much fun at his friend Dominic's house! And we all had a blast at the waterslide party! The kids only stopped to eat because we made them...lol...they were having so much fun! I enjoyed sitting and chatting with great friends and family who came! We really missed those who weren't able to come.


It did rain off and on but that didn't stop the kids!!! Well, one did say he wasn't going on the slide because it was raining...all while he was riding the scooter, in the rain! That was pretty funny! Tons of pictures have been posted on my FB page.

Sunday, we dropped Lincoln off at my in-laws and then headed up to PA to take Nathan and Tyler to the Ronald McDonald camp that Nathan had been accepted to go to with one sibling! He was so excited! We drove almost 4 hours away from home, in the middle of nowhere! I was excited for Nathan but still got teary eyed as we left him at his first sleep away camp!

heading into Tyler's cabin

Nathan's cabin (to the left)

he's all unpacked and ready for a week of fun

Lincoln had, according to him, a great week without his brothers. He told them, when asked if he missed them, "No, I actually forgot about you. I had fun by myself, without you!" Hmm! While the brothers were away, Lincoln had a playdate with friend's, a trip to the park, a beach day with his cousin who also came over for a sleepover, and a sleepover at mom-mom and pop-pop's! While Lincoln was at my in-laws, we drove back up to PA to pick up the boys! I was so excited to see them! Nathan was so funny. He talked about camp non-stop for at least a half hour straight. He did fall alseep in the car for a bit and when he woke up he continued telling us all about camp!!! Um, yeah, I think he had a good time! Tyler loved it too! But I figured he would. This was his third camp this summer!

That afternoon, I took Nathan and Lincoln to a friend's birthday/pool party. They had a great time! Then the next day, after church, we went to the movies again, this time to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green! Oh My Goodness what a good movie! I cried!!!! The boys all liked the movie as well! It really is a great family movie!

Thankfully, this past week has not been as busy! They all have been to a friend's house and we went to the beach one day. However, we did end up at the doctors with Lincoln, the cold he ended up getting last week has led to a double ear infection, so he is on an antibiotic and today Tyler woke up with a fever and a sore throat! Prayers for everyone to get better over the weekend! Next week is Tyler's last week before school starts, it would be nice to get in at least one more beach day before he goes back! And Nathan goes to the clinic on Monday for a spinal tap and his monthly check up!

It's time to start getting everything together for Lincoln's birthday party. I want to make him a LEGO pinata, here are some ideas I have found on Pinterest.
This Lego Mini Figure Head is from http://craftypartyideas.blogspot.com/ 
Here is the other pinata idea, the easier one, from http://deliacreates.blogspot.com/2011/01/lego-pull-pinata.html
I will probably be making a Lego Brick pinata and definetly with the pull strings because his party will be held at Starbound Gymnastics and there is no place in there for a pinata. So I told Greg he will have to hold it while the kids all pull the strings...hehehehe!

I also have to get the invitations made. We have free invitations from the gym but they are permission waivers for the kids who will be participating so I still need regular invites as well! We went the other day to order his Lego City plates and stuff from Party City.

Here's another sneak peek at a few more things I will be making.
The gift bags/pinata candy bags
Lego Party bags
and these adorable Lego mini figure heads
Lego Pyramid crop

So I am very excited to get started on all the prep work for Lincoln's party! I also tons various size boxes I have been saving so I can spray paint them and turn them into Lego bricks for table decorations!

Now off to the grocery store! Check back in a week or so, I should have some photo challenge picturess up and who knows what else! :) Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment