Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Fun

August is just flying by! It makes me sad to think that in just a few short weeks summer will be over and the kids will be back in school :( ! I love summer, even though there are days I wish the kids were in school because there is constent bickering between them. lol

While Tyler was away at teen camp, his second camp for the summer, Greg and I took Nathan and Lincoln to Dutch Wonderland. The boys had a blast!

 
There are more pictures on my FB page

One day Lincoln and I made homemade model magic clay. I found the idea on Pinterest, but the original post was from southernasbiscuits.com. .


While he was using the cookie cutters to mold & sculpt his clay, I made cloud dough from  happyhooligans.wordpress.com, also found on Pinterest! I enjoyed the cloud dough, great for sensory play. This dough was so easy to make. It called for only two ingredients, flour and baby oil.

 

Lincoln loved the feel of this dough as well! LOL

After a while, he decided to mix the two doughs and see what would happen.
We had a great time just playing together. What a great summer memory!

After Tyler came home from camp, I took all three boys to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days. We all enjoyed the movie very much. We have read all the books and own the first two movies, they can't wait for this one to come out on DVD so we can get that one too!

We also went to Hershey Park and hosted a giant waterslide party at our house! Pictures and more on those activities in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment