Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nathan's Beach Blast Birthday

My boy is growing up fast...Friday, July 13th, he turned 7!!! Oh eM Gee!!! I can't believe 7 years ago I was holding my preemie, 3 lb 15 oz baby and now I can barely hold him on my lap! Preemie he is not anymore! I have been blessed a million times over with him! I love this kid to pieces! He wanted a beach party...a party on the beach actually! But we compromised and went to the beach on his birthday and had a beach blast party at home! On his birthday we thought he would lose his top tooth, but it wasn't quite ready enough, but one week later, the day before his party, it fell out. We were in BJ's and he was eating a sample piece of corn on the cob. I turned around to say something to him and noticed that his tooth was missing. He had some corn in his mouth so I made him spit it out in the little bowl. He haad no clue the tooth fell out and we didn't know where it was. I thought maybe he swallowed it, but we found it in the bowl. hahahaha, that was too funny. His other top tooth had become lose but he also had a lose bottom tooth as well and today the top one fell out. When I went to check the progress of the bottom tooth, it was gone! We have no idea when it fell out or where, and now I really am thinking he swallowed that one! So he wrote a note to the tooth fairy today. It says, "Dear tooth fairy I Lost Bottom tooth. write if you will give me money" . hahahaha...I think the tooth fairy is leaving money even though the tooth is MIA! I have created a slideshow of all the pictures through smilebox (minus any from today, they will be posted later).
http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a49324e54497a4d54413d0d0a&blogview=true (I can't get the slideshow to post right here so you have to click this link in order to see it...sorry)


I also made some cool candy jars, ideas that I found on Pinterest. The first two are made to look like gumball machines. I spray painted flower pots and small wooden doll heads, then I glued a candy bowl from the dollar store onto the bottom of the flowerpot and the small doll head is glued as a handle onto the pot base.



The second one I made I used a candlestick from the dollar store and a glass bowl also bought at the dollar store.


1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Kids do grow up very fast. My nephew, Brad, just turned four, and we spent his special day with a simple get together at home. So, how did Nathan's two-part birthday celebration by the beach and at home turn out? I am sure he had lots of unforgettable stories during both celebrations.

    ReplyDelete